At Northwest Endovascular Surgery we offer a thorough non-invasive vascular lab within our office. All vascular ultrasound exams are performed on site with a highly experienced registered vascular technologist.
Our Vascular Ultrasound Lab Offers:
Carotid Artery Duplex
- Duplex scanning of the extracranial carotid, subclavian, vertebral, and innominate arteries.
- Stroke symptoms-visual disturbance, speech disturbance, one-sided weakness or numbness, dizziness or passing out.
- Acute or chronic deep venous thrombosis (DVT)
- Venous insufficiency/varicose veins
- Venous stasis/ulcer
- Acute or chronic DVT
- Mapping for dialysis fistula or graft planning
- Thoracic outlet syndrome (TOS)
Abdominal and pelvic
- Inferior vena cava and iliac veins
- May-Thurner syndrome
- Lower and upper extremity:
- Peripheral arterial disease
- Non-healing ulcer
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA)
- Mesenteric artery duplex
- Renal artery duplex
Ankle Brachial Index (ABI)
- Performed by measuring blood pressures at the arm and ankle while a person is at rest. The index is calculated by dividing the systolic blood pressure at the ankle by the systolic blood pressure in the arm.
- Screening tool to predict the severity of peripheral arterial disease.
- An exercise stress test in which the blood pressures measurements are repeated at both sites at rest and after a few minutes of walking on a treadmill.
- This can detect a drop in blood flow, indicating a narrowing or blockage within an artery.
Saravanan Kasthuri, MD
Northwest Endovascular Surgery
Interventional Radiologist & Endovascular Surgeon located in Benton County, Richland, WA
Your Health Starts Here
At Northwest Endovascular Surgery we are committed to your health and will be by your side every step of the way.
To schedule flexible appointments, for questions, or concerns, please request an appointment.
Or call — 509-588-7613
“My experience was fantastic. Dr. Kasthuri explained all procedures and took the time to answer all my questions.”